Thursday, November 10, 2005

MaryAnn's ØØØ $$

116 8th Ave (@16th St)/2452 B'way (@91st St)

With 6 locations (all with slightly different names) in NYC, you should be able to easily pick a MaryAnn's near you. As far as I am concerned, it is quintessential TexMex fare in a fun environment. I have been a patron of the 91st Street location for years, and will continue to be as long as I am in NYC.

The food here is great, and the service always pretty good as well. Last night Katie treated me to dinner at the MaryAnn's on 16th Street. Dinner always starts with their homemade salsa and fried tortilla chips. I recommend getting some of their homemade guacamole as well.

For entrees, I had the "16th Street" (same as the "91st Street" at my other preferred location), which is a chicken taco, an enchilada, and a burrito (i think; i know a taco is one of the three Mexican items, and a fajita is not one of them, nor a chimichonga). This is served with plenty of beans, some rice, and cheese everywhere. At $8.95 (they actually charged $7.95, so I don't know if the menu is outdated), you can't beat this. A plate full of food, probably about 1500 calories, for eight bucks. Rock on.

Katie ordered something... I don't remember as I was only thinking about my food. (Katie, if you read this tell me what you ate.) She finished, though, and she wasn't sure that she would be able to.

Yilin had only a small guacamole. She had a late lunch, and I think she was planning on eating something small at home.

Anyway, I have eaten their fajitas (which come out on a sizzling platter; you make them yourself), chimichonga, tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and one or two other random dishes. I thouroughly enjoyed all of them. I suspect you will, too.

Note: the 16th Street location is cash only. I am pretty sure that they take credit cards at the 91st Street location.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home