Peter Luger Steakhouse ØØØØ $$$$
178 B'way, Brooklyn (F to Delancey, J,M,Z to Marcy Ave)
Let me tell you something about Peter Luger: This man should be cannonized as a saint. He created a restaurant that is a temple dedicated to steak. There are no frills. There is nothing fancy. The lighting is far from dim, or the ambiance romantic. When you dine at Peter Luger's you are there to eat meat. End of list.
I imagine it would be more difficult to create a manlier restaurant. It would end up being so hyper-masculine that it wouldn't survive in someplace as gender neutral as NYC. The decor is old-fashioned German: wood floors, old wood tables, wood handled steak knives, beer steins on the small shelf that tops the hardwood wainscoating, wooden beams across the ceiling. Perfection.
If you go to Peter Luger's you must, absolutely must order these things:
If I could afford it, I would eat at Peter Luger's everyday. (Cash only, so be prepared. If you forget, there is an ATM outside.)
Let me tell you something about Peter Luger: This man should be cannonized as a saint. He created a restaurant that is a temple dedicated to steak. There are no frills. There is nothing fancy. The lighting is far from dim, or the ambiance romantic. When you dine at Peter Luger's you are there to eat meat. End of list.
I imagine it would be more difficult to create a manlier restaurant. It would end up being so hyper-masculine that it wouldn't survive in someplace as gender neutral as NYC. The decor is old-fashioned German: wood floors, old wood tables, wood handled steak knives, beer steins on the small shelf that tops the hardwood wainscoating, wooden beams across the ceiling. Perfection.
If you go to Peter Luger's you must, absolutely must order these things:
- steak
- bacon
- lamb
If I could afford it, I would eat at Peter Luger's everyday. (Cash only, so be prepared. If you forget, there is an ATM outside.)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home