Momofuku ØØØ $$
Momofuku
163 First Avenue (between 10th and 11th)
When I first walked in I was happy to see that most of the seating is at a bar right in front of the cooks. (It's always fun to watch them cook your food.) However, it ends up being a squeeze as you walk past the other patrons to find open seats.
As much as I like Nissin Top Ramen and Cup Noodles, this noodle bar is so much better. Excellent noodles, tasty toppings (pork, chicken, duck, mmm) and fantastic pork buns. They also have a variety of Asian beers and sake. We started with pork buns ($8 each) which I could eat all day long. I ordered Ramen with chicken ($10), and Yilin ordered a Momofuku ramen ($14) which is larger, comes with pork and duck and a sunny-side up egg right on top. Both were excellent.
The service was fast and efficient, much like a diner. In fact, the atmosphere was quite like that of a diner in that the cooks are right over the counter working on many dishes at once.
All in all it is a great restaurant worth visiting if you have ever had Cup Noodles. If it were cheaper it would definitely be given the highest rating.
163 First Avenue (between 10th and 11th)
When I first walked in I was happy to see that most of the seating is at a bar right in front of the cooks. (It's always fun to watch them cook your food.) However, it ends up being a squeeze as you walk past the other patrons to find open seats.
As much as I like Nissin Top Ramen and Cup Noodles, this noodle bar is so much better. Excellent noodles, tasty toppings (pork, chicken, duck, mmm) and fantastic pork buns. They also have a variety of Asian beers and sake. We started with pork buns ($8 each) which I could eat all day long. I ordered Ramen with chicken ($10), and Yilin ordered a Momofuku ramen ($14) which is larger, comes with pork and duck and a sunny-side up egg right on top. Both were excellent.
The service was fast and efficient, much like a diner. In fact, the atmosphere was quite like that of a diner in that the cooks are right over the counter working on many dishes at once.
All in all it is a great restaurant worth visiting if you have ever had Cup Noodles. If it were cheaper it would definitely be given the highest rating.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home