Corner Bistro ØØØ $$
331 W4th St
Corner Bistro is a joint I have visited before on my first date with Yilin. (I hope I got that right, and it wasn't actually our second date or something.) While always crowded and noisy, it is worth going if you've got the time to try and squeeze in. (Tip: eating at the bar will save you the trouble of waiting in line for a table which can take quite a while.)
What's the fuss? Well, how about a damn good 2" thick greasy burger for about $5? If you want "The Bistro Burger" add about $2 and you get cheddar cheese and bacon, leaving you with a towering 6" sandwich from Heaven. Just as good as that are the french fries; crispy and tasty (I think they are flavored with beef, just like McDonald's fries used to be).
What could possible top off such a meal? How about McSorley's and McSorley's Dark for $2.50 a glass? It must be the absolute best valued beer deal in all of Manhattan, where beers usually start at $4 for the watered-down domestics and go up.
Service is surprisingly fast and reliable. This is really a bar that serves food. Calling it a pub would be a stretch given the clientele (young gals and guys like Yilin and myself), the noise, and the sheer number of people crammed into the place.
I have been told the the $35 burger at Cafe Boulud (Yilin correct me on this?) is really good. Yilin says she enjoyed it, but would never pay $35 herself for such a thing. (I suppose that when I go I will have to buy hers, too.) In the meantime, Corner Bistro's burger remains the best that I have had in NYC. Try it for yourself.
Corner Bistro is a joint I have visited before on my first date with Yilin. (I hope I got that right, and it wasn't actually our second date or something.) While always crowded and noisy, it is worth going if you've got the time to try and squeeze in. (Tip: eating at the bar will save you the trouble of waiting in line for a table which can take quite a while.)
What's the fuss? Well, how about a damn good 2" thick greasy burger for about $5? If you want "The Bistro Burger" add about $2 and you get cheddar cheese and bacon, leaving you with a towering 6" sandwich from Heaven. Just as good as that are the french fries; crispy and tasty (I think they are flavored with beef, just like McDonald's fries used to be).
What could possible top off such a meal? How about McSorley's and McSorley's Dark for $2.50 a glass? It must be the absolute best valued beer deal in all of Manhattan, where beers usually start at $4 for the watered-down domestics and go up.
Service is surprisingly fast and reliable. This is really a bar that serves food. Calling it a pub would be a stretch given the clientele (young gals and guys like Yilin and myself), the noise, and the sheer number of people crammed into the place.
I have been told the the $35 burger at Cafe Boulud (Yilin correct me on this?) is really good. Yilin says she enjoyed it, but would never pay $35 herself for such a thing. (I suppose that when I go I will have to buy hers, too.) In the meantime, Corner Bistro's burger remains the best that I have had in NYC. Try it for yourself.


2 Comments:
db bistro is where the $35 burger is at...
A $35 burger isn't a burger anymore. I don't know what it is, but it just shouldn't be called a burger.
What Corner Bistro serves, now... that's a damn definition, is what it is. Definition of burger, I mean.
Post a Comment
<< Home